Ounces of Silver and Gold to meet expenses during a crisis

 Hello brothers and sisters. One common question I get is; How many ounces of silver and/or gold do I really need to have in a SHTF scenario. I know I've explained it numerous times, and it really is different for different people. But to simplify it, I've provided a little chart below. A few things to know.

1. I have the price for silver in the chart set at $20 an ounce. I know it's currently around $25, but I'd rather quote lower. This will provide you with having more silver than you might need. 

2. Same with gold. I have it set in the chart at around $1300 per ounce. I know it's around $1990, but again, using these charts with these prices gives you a buffer.

3. Next, when figuring out how much monthly expenses you need to cover, don't forget you have other assets. E.g. savings, checking, PROBABLY still have a job and thus income. The silver and gold that you have accumulated is designed to OFFSET and SUPPLEMENT your needs. If you are still working, you may only need to supplement say $500 a month. If you're retired with only a pension, social security, savings, etc. you might need to supplement $1000 a month. Some people may be in a good financial position and they don't need to supplement anything. They may have enough income during hard times to cover their expenses and simple stop contributing to savings, 401K, investments, etc. for the period of time until the crisis is over. There's a lot of different scenarios that a person could consider a "Crisis". Maybe it's the loss of their job. Maybe hyper inflation or major recession. Or some other personal financial hardship.

4. Finally; I think having both these charts is good because if the main reason for accumulating silver and gold is to supplement your income in time of financial crisis, you could use these charts TOGETHER to determine a good mix of silver & gold. E.g. if you think you need to supplement $1000 a month for 3 years, you COULD say you need 27 ounces of gold; OR 1800 ounces of silver; OR BETTER YET, split it into $500 each for supplementing and say 14 ounces of gold AND 900 ounce of silver. I think you get the idea. There is no one right way. It's what works for you and you feel comfortable with. And if you think my using $1300 for gold (I have gold that I've bought at $1100 all the way up to $1900) or me using $20 for silver (I have silver that I've bought at $11 all the way up to $35), then you can look at the chart and deduct 10-20% if it makes you feel better. Me personally, using these numbers, means at today's dollar to ounce exchange rate you'd have MORE than you need. Better to have too much then not enough. 

Anyway; here's the charts. Hope it helps.




Take care:
CYA:
SE:





Comments

Popular Posts